How to use Goboard:
GoBoard is an online peer to peer learning platform that includes video conferencing, chat, and an interactive canvas that can be shared by you and your tutor. Best of all you do not have to download anything! Find below a summary of the more practical aspects of GoBoard:
Entering the GoBoard room
- Upon getting a code from reception enter into the smartmoves.goboard.com page.
- Choose enter as "I'm a student" - fill in relevant information (Name and email - Note: post lesson, an automatic email is sent containing a copy of the goboard screen - for your records)
- Always Allow GoBoard to access your webcam and microphone, and select “Enter Now” (You can always toggle on/off later if not interested in using but If you don’t have access to a microphone and camera, there is a text chat feature)
Uploading submitted documents
What if you want to share work with your tutor? You can upload PDFs, word documents and screen shots.
To upload a document:
- Select more tools, and then Import/Export
- Choose import
- Select where you’d like to import your document from
How to use the interactive board
Now that you have some documents to share, you’ll need to be able to interact with what’s on the board. You can use basic tools like a laser pointer, a pen, or a text box to help communicate on the shared board.
To access the basic tools:
Right click (or double tap on a touch screen) to access the basic tool ‘pie menu’
For additional tools, explore the “more tools” menu
- If your audio is cutting in/out you can use the chat feature
- If you need more room to write you have up to eight (8) pages that can be added per session.
- You can even save a copy of all your workings together after it is finished or using the same code, go back and revisit the session you had together.
- To exit and finish, just close the window.
If you’re having issues with GoBoard, try these steps:
- Make sure you are using an updated Google Chrome browser.
- Log out and log back into the GoBoard room, close out your browser and reopen it, or restart your computer to complete updates.
- ensure other Internet meeting software or other applications that require camera or microphone settings have been shut down. Restarting your PC/Mac/Ipad before a session is safe.
- Antiviruses, Windows privacy settings and Browser settings can also block access to cameras and Microphones.
- You should have at least 5 mbps internet speed for the best experience. To test your internet speed, visit https://www.speedtest.net/
- Internet speed is not always constant, we have noticed that peak times (evenings and weekends) download speeds are variable and erratic. It may be possible to rebook your tutor for an earlier time – ask now.
- Call tech support first but it is possible to just use the “Text Chat” tool if you have issues with or do not have access to a webcam and microphone.
- If issues can not be easily resolved, call (02) 9416 4222 immediately, to seek alternative solutions.